Re: Want to install lenny on older Powerbook G4 mac

Am Samstag 16 Mai 2009 18:11:11 schrieb Mark Hoff:

> More Background:
> a) The mac software works just fine (just no internet access due to above).
> b) I do have internet access to the wireless router from two other
> machines: - Windows Vista notebook PC (but no Administrator access on this
> computer) - Windows 7 notebook PC (full access to this computer)

I dont really understand, but maybe this helps
If you have access to the Windows notebook PC AND this notebook does have
internet access, then you could enable internet connection sharing on that
windows 7 notebook and connect via cable (crossed network cable?) from the
powerbook to the windows 7 notebook.
If Windows 7 doesnt allow this try knoppix (maybe in a virtual machine)
:) what a workaround

Then you would get an internet connection to the powerbook and use the network
install cd.

greetz
drz

--
------

gpg fp: 5518 8F74 B2A0 E91A 6FAD 8AC8 C02C 6C6F C899 DC65
Public Key: http://rizzux.org/drz.asc