Re: Wifi configuration Debian Lenny Ibook G3

Hi, Esteban.

On Apr 21 2009, Esteban Monge wrote:
> Hello, you can buy one airport card in Ebay, I bought one and works great,
> you need follow the next tutto.
>
> http://nuevaeracr.blogspot.com/2009/02/actualizar-el-driver-orino-de-las.html

I'm not quite familiar with dealing with ebay and the brazilian version
of ebay ("mercado livre") has none.

> Also in Ebay sell a USB airport Adapter, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux compatible,

An USB airport adapter? Do you mean wifi adapter?

> have one Realtek Chipset, in the home page of Realtek have the source
> drivers (the CD have binary i386 drivers).

If you meant wifi adapter, I've already got one, but it is not always
feasible to use an USB dongle in every place you go. For instance, when
I was in a scientific conference, I had to use my iBook for burning a CD
with the slides to give a talk scheduled to start in less than 5
minutes.

In places like this, an USB thingy is not as convenient to use. :-(

Thanks anyway, Rogério Brito.