Re: where install the bootstrap partition in the partition table ?

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> n° 1 32,3 kB Apple
>> 134,2 mega Espace libre or free space
>
>> n° 3 42,7 giga hfs+ Apple_HFS_Un
>> 134,2 mega Espace libre or free space
>
>> n° 5 42,7 giga hfs+ Apple_HFS_Un
>> 134,2 mega Espace libre or free space
>
>> n° 7 42,8 giga hfs+ Apple_HFS_Un
>> 31,5 giga Espace libre or free space
>
> Any of those free spaces will do, the Apple_bootstrap partition needs
> less than 1MB (I used a similar free space, split it into two: a 1MB HFS
> one for Apple_bootstrap, and the rest for an ext3 /boot partition).

A /boot partition is not needed (nor used) and is a waste of space for
new world apple ppc machines, you only need 800k for an HFS Apple
Bootstrap partition and that's it. I suggest (again) reading:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=4

Everything you need to know is explained along with a step-by-step
guide on how to create the partitions using mac-fdisk. Though all of
this is easily taken care of using a standard Debian install, so I'm
not sure where the confusion is coming from.

Cheers,
/Bob