Re: where install the bootstrap partition in the partition table ?

> A /boot partition is not needed (nor used) and is a waste of space for
> new world apple ppc machines, you only need 800k for an HFS Apple
> Bootstrap partition and that's it. I suggest (again) reading:

A /boot partition is needed for PPC in the same cases where it's needed
for x86: e.g. when your / partition is on a device (or uses
a filesystem) that the boot loader doesn't know how to handle/access.
In my case / is on an LVM volume.

        Stefan