Re: Fwd: video conference software for debian ppc

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 04:10:30 +0000
Rafal Czlonka <rafal.czlonka@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> > Great, I know of these programs, I know they should work. I was just
> > interested what people are using on day to day basis and what has
> > really proven usable on linux ppc. So is anybody video-conferencing
> > between linux ppc and windows here?
>
> Try QuteCom, not CuteCom ;^), former WengoPhone.
> Used Ekiga some time ago for linux (ppc) - linux (x86) voice. For 3.0
> there's even a Windows client.
> On Windows you could always use NetMeeting (unless using Vista Home),
> and some H.323-aware software on Linux.
> Your question's not really PowerPC-specific.
>
> P.S. No need to reply to me directly - I read the list.
>
> Cheers,

I use Ekiga to do chat/video (well just chat now as the webcam died)
with my daughter on a mac OSX 10.4 using gizmo. It works very well. I
have also used twinkle. It also works from my ekiga account.

I use these instructions that I found on the gizmo
forums.
http://forum.gizmoproject.com/viewtopic.php?t=7220&highlight=twinkle&sid=ec075344fa8f78f2933a7d6bc447ec53

I am using Twinkle 0.9 for what is worth.

Here's my config:

Your Name: Anything you like
User name: your voip number so something like 17471234567
Domain: proxy01.sipphone.com

Realm: empty
Authentication name: again your voip number
Password: your gizmo password

Nothing under the SIP server tab, other than telling it to register at
startup.

NOTE: Under registrar I had to put: proxy01.sipphone.com before it
would work for me.

In the NAT Tab I have the following:

USE STUN

STUN Server: stun01.sipphone.com