Re: sound not working lenny (worked under etch)

Can you try configure with alsaconf?

apt-get install alsa-utils

run alsaconf and the wizard help you, also automatically write the modules file.

generally must be use snd-powermac or powermac PowerMac

2009/2/17 Bob Lounsbury <boblounsbury@gmail.com>
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM, stephen sefick <ssefick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know because I had only had Etch running for about a week
> before lenny come out, so I had not gotten that far into figuring out
> the system.  I looked in etc/modutils and found bluez .  I am not sure
> if this is what I should be looking for or not.
>
> It also looks like I have gotten Debian edu which is fine as I am a
> professor at a local community college, but here are my repos:
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
> dev-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free
>

> Was this the expected behavior?
>
> Stephen Sefick

I've always had to add 'snd-powermac' to /etc/modules to get sound
working on by iBook G3, not sure what mac you're using. You mentioned
/etc/modutils, this is the wrong file, it is /etc/modules. There
should be some other modules listed in the file just add snd-powermac
to the list, and then preferably run through alsaconf, alsamixer, and
alsactl store. Sound should work after a restart.

/Bob

http://nuevaeracr.blogspot.com
Linux user number 478378
Linux machine number 386687
Tec. Esteban Monge Marín
Tel: (506) 8379-3562

"No habrá manera de desarrollarnos y salir de
la pobreza mientras los pocos negocios
grandes de nuestro medio se entreguen a las
economías foráneas y nosotros nos
quedemos con solo negocios de pobre,
mientras en vez de ser propietarios de nuestro
propio país nos convirtamos en un ejército de
empleados del exterior"
José Figueres Ferrer, 1952.