Re: sound not working lenny (worked under etch)

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM, stephen sefick <ssefick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know because I had only had Etch running for about a week
> before lenny come out, so I had not gotten that far into figuring out
> the system.  I looked in etc/modutils and found bluez .  I am not sure
> if this is what I should be looking for or not.
>
> It also looks like I have gotten Debian edu which is fine as I am a
> professor at a local community college, but here are my repos:
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
> dev-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free
>

> Was this the expected behavior?
>
> Stephen Sefick

I've always had to add 'snd-powermac' to /etc/modules to get sound
working on by iBook G3, not sure what mac you're using. You mentioned
/etc/modutils, this is the wrong file, it is /etc/modules. There
should be some other modules listed in the file just add snd-powermac
to the list, and then preferably run through alsaconf, alsamixer, and
alsactl store. Sound should work after a restart.

/Bob