Re: SysRq key on iBook

Le mardi 10 février 2009 à 12:28 +0000, Rafal Czlonka a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've been doing some searching a while ago and didn't manage to find the
> solution to my problem.
> The system's running smoothly for a long time but if it freezes I'd like
> to use SysRq key on my iBook G4.
>
> Is there any way I can use SysRq key on my iBook without recompiling the
> kernel first?

If you are using a stock debian kernel, sysrq should be on. Check out
existence of file /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq and its content (should be 1)

if 0, add "kernel.sysrq=1" in /etc/sysctl.conf and do a "sysctl
-p /etc/sysctl.conf as root.

btw, i am still wondering how to enter sysrq sequences on my ibook g4

but then it never freezes :p

Maybe you should spend some time regarding theses freezes instead.

regards

--
Thomas Constans
openDoor