Re: tuxcmd package on powerpc

Hi all

(Please keep me in cc, but I will check web-archive, I'm not
subscribed to the list).

Many thanks for your answers to Laurent, Gerfried und Rafal.

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 09:54:13AM +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 09:47 +0100, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > Dear powerpc Porters
> >
> > [ Please keep me on Cc, since I'm not subscribed to the list
> > debian-powerpc ]
> >
> > I had a bugreport on tuxcmd package, that tuxcmd will not work at all
> > on powerpc #513891 [1]. Upstream of tuxcmd restricted support for
> > i386 and amd64.
> >
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/513891
> >
> > I have not access to any powerpc machine, so as suggested on
> > debian-mentors I would like to ask you porters if you can help me on
> > that issue.
> >
> > Thanks in advance and kind regards
>
> The GCC compile farm project has one bi-powerpc running etch (gcc53,
> powermac G4 dual) and will have a powerpc64 machine (powermac G5)
> running etch in two weeks if everything goes as planned.
>
> If you want an account, please follow the instructions here:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm
>
> If needed, open a ticket in the gna.org tracker for the packages you
> require on the machine.

Ok, I will try there if I need access to a powerpc running machine.
Thanks to Rhonda, for the hint that it could be a problem on all big
endian archs.

Kind regards, and thanks for your hints
Salvatore