Re: Amarok 1.92 crashes on powerpc.

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 09:29 +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> When running
>
> objdump -R /usr/lib/kde4/libamarok_collection-sqlcollection.so | grep
> R_PPC_REL24 | wc -l
>
> I got something like 54720. I tried to look for the missing -fPIC flag, but I
> could not find my way in the CMake labyrinth.

Looking at

http://experimental.debian.net/fetch.php?&pkg=amarok&ver=1.92-1&arch=powerpc&stamp=1222652432&file=log&as=raw

the problem here is probably that it's linking the static library (which
is mandated by policy to be built without
-fPIC) /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a into the shared object.

> I tried to file a bug in the debian bts on amarok, but my report has been
> ingerated by the bts, certainly because of the disclaimer that amarok 1.92 is
> beta software and thus bugs should not be filed against the package.

A bug is a bug, and the Debian BTS version tracking makes this kind of
thing easy. What exactly did you try, and what happened?