Re: G3 Beige Tower install help

--- On Sat, 9/6/08, Stephen Allen <sda2@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> In terms of the disk partioning. Is the MacOS partition
> supposed to be overwritten and that's why the
> installer wants to install Quik ? I can't seem to find
> an option to toggle Quik off.
>
> --

I believe it is possible to terminate the install. IIRC, you
press "go back" which takes you to the list of installation steps,
then scroll down past quik. Never mind it complains, you are ok.

You may need or which to go into a shell before you quit and copy
the "real" initrd (not for installer) so that you get your modules
(extensions) when you next boot ?? The hd is mounted in a strange
place like /target/[a bunch of strange but obvious stuff] ?? Anyway
the "real" initrd needs to be on the mac side for bootx to use...

I don't recall real well its been pretty long time. Hope Ricks instructions
go over this.

Too bad, all this stuff used to be in the installagion guide and
disappeared some time back. Ughh.