pasting of formated text

	Hi!

 <http://bugs.debian.org/490010> - there seems to be an endianness
problem somewhere, but I'm unable to really pin it down. It might well
be in the X paste buffer area directly affected, but it doesn't appear
anywhere else for me than just in pidgin.

 I did some more testing and can't reproduce it with evolution anymore
no matter what I wrote in the bugreport, so it seems to be limited to
pidgin. Pasting formated text from wikipedia or from some recent chat
from to evolution mail window works, pasting anything from a browser or
recent chat from pidgin to itself doesn't work, it switches byte order.
You can select that b0rked text then, ctrl-c ctrl-v (copy paste) onto
itself and make it appear correctly again. Pasting from evolution works,
the formating informations from there doesn't seem to be copied.

 Any hints or pushes into the right directions are more then welcomed.
Rhonda