Re: xrandr and dvi output

* Sebastien G <sebas-listes@koumbit.org> [2008-08-25 21:27:12 CEST]:
> Gerfried Fuchs a écrit :
> >  With the DVI screen I now have the problem that xrandr is able to
> > detect it, but not really enable it. Well, it /claims/ that it enables
> > it, growing the screen layout to the appropriate size, but it doesn't
> > display anything. It only works after a fresh reboot when the external
> > monitor was plugged. After a suspend of the system and awaking it again
> > the external monitor isn't possible to get any output anymore.
>
> Hi Rhonda!
> Where you at the debconf8? You've a powerbook if you're the Rhonda of
> the debconf :).  I don't know if you remember we had a few beers
> togethere with Jacob, Antoine and Anne, I'm Sébastien from Montréal.

 Yes, that's me.  *hugs*   Nice to read you again, hope your trip back
wasn't too bad, mine worked out well. :)

>   I've a powerbook (aluminium) and I experimented a similar problem with
> an external DVI monitor. VGA monitor works fine.  I resolved it using
> radeontool. There is a referrence
> maybe it leads you to a solution...  I can't find the documentation that
> I used to solve the issue.

 Hmm, what radeontool version are they speaking about there? The version
in Debian doesn't has any regmatch/regset commands, and given a quick
look at rmadison -udebian,ubuntu radeontool it doesn't look that they
have a too different radeontool package than we have, the patch linked
from the PTS does only say something about a rebuild, no code changes?

 Thanks for hinting there, it seems to be indeed the same issue.
Rhonda