Re: New ATI RADEON Mac Edition

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 10:40 -0600, Esteban Monge wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't really understand the problem. If the radeon driver
> detects 64 MB and there's no visual corruption, then your card most
> certainly has 64 MB.

I wrote that; please don't include writing of others in your posts
without proper quoting (and please don't top-post).

> My video card have only 32MB, GNU/Linux detects another video card
> type, ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200],  this card
> have 64MB,

Not according to Google.

> my video card is only ATI Radeon Mac Edition,

The detection of the amount of video RAM is not tied to the detection of
the graphics chip/card. I don't know of any cases where the radeon
driver doesn't detect the correct amount of video RAM, especially not
with such an old card. I suspect you're either looking for a solution to
a non-problem, or a hardware problem.

Also, even assuming that your card indeed has 32 MB but the driver
misdetects it as 64 MB, the VideoRam directive you have in your
xorg.conf limits the driver to only use 32 MB. (Maybe posting a
Xorg.0.log resulting from commenting out that directive could help us
understand the problem better)

> and when I see in Kcontrol the video card memory is 128MB.

I have no idea where kcontrol is pulling that number out of, but you can
probably safely ignore it.