Re: New ATI RADEON Mac Edition

I'm afraid I don't really understand the problem. If the radeon driver
detects 64 MB and there's no visual corruption, then your card most
certainly has 64 MB.

My video card have only 32MB, GNU/Linux detects another video card type, ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200],  this card have 64MB, my video card is only ATI Radeon Mac Edition, and when I see in Kcontrol the video card memory is 128MB.

2008/8/19 Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org>
On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 09:14 -0700, Peter Rooney wrote:

> (1) Immediate Solution:
> Edit your xorg.conf file manually.  In the Device section, change the line
>      Driver        "ati"
>      Driver        "radeon"
> and you should be good to go.  It's long puzzled me that xserver-xorg does
> not have a way to select the radeon driver.

"ati" is a wrapper which loads the real driver ("radeon" in this case)
for any ATI card. There should be no difference between specifying one
or the other, barring bugs in the wrapper.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |          http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast         |          Debian, X and DRI developer

http://nuevaeracr.blogspot.com
Tec. Esteban Monge Marín
Tel: (506) 8367-2009

"No habrá manera de desarrollarnos y salir de
la pobreza mientras los pocos negocios
grandes de nuestro medio se entreguen a las
economías foráneas y nosotros nos
quedemos con solo negocios de pobre,
mientras en vez de ser propietarios de nuestro
propio país nos convirtamos en un ejército de
empleados del exterior"
José Figueres Ferrer, 1952.