Re: New ATI RADEON Mac Edition

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 09:14 -0700, Peter Rooney wrote:

> (1) Immediate Solution:
> Edit your xorg.conf file manually.  In the Device section, change the line
>      Driver        "ati"
>      Driver        "radeon"
> and you should be good to go.  It's long puzzled me that xserver-xorg does
> not have a way to select the radeon driver.

"ati" is a wrapper which loads the real driver ("radeon" in this case)
for any ATI card. There should be no difference between specifying one
or the other, barring bugs in the wrapper.

> Esteban Monge wrote:
> >
> > But have problems with GNU/Linux... No detects the correct Video Card.
> >
> > Linux detect this model: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200]
> >
> > But this model have 64MB of video memory... my video card have only 32
> > and the kcontrol detects 128mb

I'm afraid I don't really understand the problem. If the radeon driver
detects 64 MB and there's no visual corruption, then your card most
certainly has 64 MB.