Re: Suggestions for running Mac OS 9.0.1 on debian-x86-64

Adrian Zaugg wrote:
Hi Christian

You may run pearpc and mol,

You mean running a linux system inside pearpc and from there run MOL (the same way I suggested with qemu)? Would you recommend pearpc over qemu for that purpose?

SheepShaver or Basilisk II.

Basilisk II won't run Mac OS 9, from what I read.

You can get more info from http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060509180914879&lsrc=osxh about the latter two.

Easiest would be to get an old mac from someone...

My question was really aimed at people who have actually tried what I asked; I figured I'd ask which route would promise to be most successful before spending time myself; it seems there are three possibilities now:

- run linux with MOL under pearpc, and Mac OS 9 under MOL
- run linux with MOL under qemu, and Mac OS 9 under MOL
- run SheepShaver

Christian.