Re: Suggestions for running Mac OS 9.0.1 on debian-x86-64

Hi Christian

You may run pearpc and mol, SheepShaver or Basilisk II. You can get more info from http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060509180914879&lsrc=osxh about the latter two.

Easiest would be to get an old mac from someone...

Best Regards, Adrian.

Christian Jaeger wrote:
Hello

What are you using for running Mac OS 9 (*) on a x86-64 machine? It seems there are only two ways:
(a) running a ppc linux kernel with MOL under QEMU, run Mac OS inside MOL.
(b) running SheepShaver

Any good/bad experiences with either of those or other ways?

(I need to get at some old Filemaker databases [and Eudora folders], and while I can mount the hfs+ partition, there's no good way converting the old data without running my old installation, but my Powerbook G3 has pretty much died, so this will involve an emulator.)

Christian.

(*) strings /mnt/macdisk/Systemordner/System|egrep '[89]\.[0-9]\.'
9.0.1d1,