Re: Etch on G5: Yaboot problem still persist
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Etch on G5: Yaboot problem still persist
- From: Michal <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:30:32 +0200
- Message-id: <20080615203032.GA19826@e2011>
- In-reply-to: <20080615153130.GA7648@scorpina>
- References: <20080608141227.GA16994@lord-zedd> <20080614222851.GA15473@e2011> <20080615153130.GA7648@scorpina>
>> - boot into open firmware,
>> - type 'boot hd:2,yaboot'
>> (changing the number to the # of your boot partition)
> it stays on Waiting for root file system for a few minutes and then
> tells me /dev/sdb4 does not exist and brings be to a initramfs shell
I don't know the answer, but I'm wondering why it goes looking into
sdb4 and not sda4?
Is your boot partition the 4th partition of the first disk (and you
typed 'boot hd:4,yaboot')? Do you have two internal disks? Did you
type hd1:4 or something of that sort? Guessing...