Re: Etch on G5: Yaboot problem still persists
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Etch on G5: Yaboot problem still persists
- From: Michal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:28:51 +0200
- Message-id: <20080614222851.GA15473@e2011>
- In-reply-to: <20080608141227.GA16994@lord-zedd>
- References: <20080608141227.GA16994@lord-zedd>
> I mailed this list a couple weeks ago about yaboot returning to a grey
> screen when I try to boot both OS X and Linux. Well, the problem is
> still there and I have been trying to fix it for a long time now.
I have what looks like the same problem for a long time too. While I
would love to know the solution, I have been living with the following
- boot into open firmware,
- type 'boot hd:2,yaboot'
(changing the number to the # of your boot partition)
- now I get a working menu of linux boot options
No other combination of steps boots my dualG5 despite many attempts.
Hope this helps in the meantime!