Re: Etch on G5: Yaboot problem still persists

> I mailed this list a couple weeks ago about yaboot returning to a grey
> screen when I try to boot both OS X and Linux. Well, the problem is
> still there and I have been trying to fix it for a long time now.

I have what looks like the same problem for a long time too. While I
would love to know the solution, I have been living with the following
workaround:

- boot into open firmware,
- type 'boot hd:2,yaboot'
   (changing the number to the # of your boot partition)
- now I get a working menu of linux boot options

No other combination of steps boots my dualG5 despite many attempts.
Hope this helps in the meantime!