Re: Good luck.

Hi Hans, Hi Powerpc listers

On Wed, Jun 11 2008, at 21:55 +0200, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:24:31PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > Hi All - on the Powerpc list.
> >
> > This will be my last email to a Debian list.
> >
> > Reason is my last 2 mails were considered as being SPAM at least from
> > one of Debian list admins.
>
> Hi Wolfgang!
>
> [and leader@debian.org, and Thomas Viehmann, who are CC:ed]
> [For a complete version of Wolfgang's mail, see:
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2008/06/msg00067.html]
>
> I'm sorry about how listadmin Thomas Viehmann has treated you.

Thanks, but no need to be sorry ...:)

> His
> email, that you quote, is unreasonable, since your mail was *NOT*
> spam.

It *was* SPAM according to the rules - as far as they were
understandable - that Thomas Viehmann was presenting (see my first
mail in this thread). So he acted fully rightly. The point is, that

** 1

Their SPAM rules, as hinted by T. Viehmann, obviously are completely
nuts. T. Viehmann didn't do anything else than quoting and
implementing them: these rules - wild guess - were not set up by him
alone, but by quite a few more people, aka list-admins, or who ever

** 2

Every single of these admins is free to try to change sick rules, or
quit loudly, if there's no chances left.

Debian guys obviously have quite some problems nowadays. I don't
understand fully why, except that I can't solve them, and I refuse to
do so, if I even have to remove some lousy sig to make sure an email
makes it to some mailing list. That'd be too weird, even for me ... :)

> But perhaps a more constructive solution for Debian and for you can be
> found, than you avoiding posting to debian lists.

Come on: no solution has to be found for me - I'm fine. It's Debian
guys - at least in important areas - who seem to be grounded rather
hardly. They can solve their probs .. :) .. So have a look at them,
not at me.

Perhaps some of these guys simply heard this Winehouse song too often,
and even worse, thought it were all real instead of some - admittedly
superb - fiction:

"They try to make me go to rehab, and I say no - no - no .." ..

But Thanks ... :)

Good luck again
Wolfgang
--