Re: Dual Boot Mac Os 9 and Debian PPC

hi,

I had the same problem with MacOS 8.6, resolved now.
You should try to boot with MacOS CD, open Hard disk tool, click on <unmounted disk>, then Fonctions menu and Update.
Sorry for bad translations, I have only the french MacOs version.

Samy

José JORGE a écrit :
hi,

After 4 days crawling the web, reading many posts, trying various partitions positioning (before/after Linux) I still get the Mac OS 9 partitions scrambled as soon as I install Debian PPC (or any other distribution I've tried) : I get the infamous blinking floppy icon.
Symptoms :
- the mac os 9 is not added automaticaly to yaboot conf file (the macos=/dev/hda10 line) - if I add it manually, choose 'm' at yaboot time, it goes directly to the blinking floppy
- it is a iMacDV

Any clue?

Thanks

José