Re: Mouse doesn't work on iBook G4 after sleep in Sid

Hello again,

2008/5/12 Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net>:
> On Sat, May 10 2008, at 10:26 +0200, Denís Fernández Cabrera wrote:
>  > Hello all, and sorry for reviving this old thread.
>
>  As you address more than just me, I'll try to CC the Debian powerpc
>  list ... I hope this is OK ... :) - for this to work I changed the
>  "In-Reply-To" header in this email ... let's see how lucky I am with it
>  ... :) ...

Thank you, Wolfgang. :o) I indeed messed up the recipients in my last mail.

I'm trying your kernel right now, and it works quite well --- I've
tried to suspend and awake the machine a couple of times, and
everything went fine. I'll keep the list updated on how things go, but
assume that unless I report otherwise, the kernel works.

Which leads me to the question: what did you exactly change in that
kernel? May it be that the patch that you applied (for power
management, if I understand correctly?) also fixes something in the
trackpad?

As for your suggestion of compiling from git... ew. I had to compile
too many kernels back when the iBook 2005 was barely supported for my
taste... But I'll probably give it a try.

I'm wondering, however... If kernel 2.6.18-5 seems to work fine (well,
minus the synaptics bug) with the mouse, and since it seems that
2.6.25 provides a new driver for the broadcom wireless, could it be
possible to compile 2.6.18 with the new 43xx drivevr instead of the
old bcm43xx one?

(I'm probably talking nonsense there... just wondering.)

Denís.

--
Denís Fernández Cabrera
mailto://denis@ceibes.org