Looking for help with maintainance of a package

Dear people,

I am the maintainer of hfsprogs, which is a package taken from Apple's
Darwin code that provides a mkfs.hfs{,plus} and, more importantly,
fsck.hfs{,plus}.

Unfortunately, the present version has problems not being 64-bit clean
and, as a result, I had to restrict the list of architectures to those
that are 32 bit only.

This has been reported as bug #436159 on our bug tracking system. As I
myself have all the interest to have this package available on as many
architectures as possible (since, in particular, I use an amd64 machine,
but keep some of my data/backups on external HDs formatted with HFS+),
it would be ideal to have it as arch: any.

But alas, it is not. :-( It won't compile without a number of patches
and I have already got Gentoo's patch as a starting point for the
package. But it would be better to have it divided as a series of
independent patches (as I already use quilt to manage the patches). I
have already started doing this.

Seeing that Apple has released a new version to match their Leopard
release, it would be a good thing to keep the patches separate as some
parts will apply nicely while others are obsolete now (the code has
changed a bit, but not much).

As I posted on ubuntuforums.org [*], for this goal, I would like to see
if there are interested developers so that I would create a project on
Alioth to maintain patches that are team-maintained and which would
clean up miscoding, warnings, consistency, correctness and, perhaps,
submit them upstream so that we can reduce our work in the future (and
have a more solid filesystem for exchange of data between computers).

I have already made a package yesterday that uses the 32-bit emulation
of amd64 to have a functioning fsck.hfsplus program and I plan on
uploading it to experimental, but it is based on older source code, not
on the new upstream version (let's move one step at a time).

So, that is it. If you have interest and know of more people interested
in this (like Ubuntu people), please let me know. BTW, as I am not
subscribed to any specific Debian list nowadays (besides
-devel-announce), I would appreciate CC's.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

[*] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4919975