Re: mouse pointer looks really bad since the last update of xorg in lenny

Michel Dänzer a écrit :
On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 22:09 -0300, Sebastien G wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm on a PowerBook5,6 g4 @1667mhz running lenny and my mouse pointer got hit badly by the last upgrade of xorg to 7.3. It's point to the right and sometimes becomes like a X.

I try to do a "dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg" and restart X. No luck.

ideas ?

See http://bugs.debian.org/446123 .

This has been fixed upstream, but the fix requires changes both in the X
server itself and the driver, and fixed versions of both are only
available in experimental yet.

Note that only legacy two-colour cursors are affected, not modern 32 bit
RGBA ones.

Thanks Michel.

I installed a few packages with cursor themes (crystalcursors, industrial-cursor-theme, xcursor-themes) and did
#  update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
to test them. They all look good except /etc/X11/cursors/core.theme

To me, the industrial-cursor-theme provided the cursor that looks like the original two-color from Xorg.

I wander why the default cursor in X is still the legacy two-color cursor... Is they a plan to change that?

Sébastien