Re: Issues with Debian Lenny on Powerbook G4

Hey Amit,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:25:50 +0200, Amit Uttamchandani <amit.uttam@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there,

When I installed testing I changed the sources to sid and upgraded them. But I still couldn't get the Xorg issue figured out. The graphics controller I have is:

 product: Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x
 vendor: ATI Technologies Inc

I've been experiencing the same problems with the same hardware since at least last November. As I don't need my laptop, I just booted it every once in a while to upgrade the installed packages, and I have no idea, when it broke. I spend too much time already trying to get it to work again and am too busy for any more playing around.

It seems that's the major issue. Also how did you get the power management to work? I couldn't get the sleep/suspend to ram working properly?

Unload some of the firewire modules and unplug external USB devices before suspending.

Greetings,

Patrick