Help needed in fixing some post installation issues

Hi, I have just installed Debain on my playstation 3 using a Debain multi-arch DVD built on April 16th. The installation went well with some errors/warnings related to the kernel but I have hopefully installed a kernel correctly. How can I verify that I have installed the kernel correctly and make sure that it is working correctly? Now for some issues taht I am having with debain on my playstation 3. First, I currently have no sound. When I click on the volume icon, I get the following message.

The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control. This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.

You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu.

How can I get my sound working. Another I ssue that I am having is that ther are two entires in teh network manager both for a wired connection. There is only one ethernet port on the playstation 3. Why are there two entries comming up for wireless connection? Thanks.

[http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/betathanks/download/images/download_2.jpg]

Norberto