debian 4.0r2 on an LPAR in an AIX box (power5): garbled terminal during install, won't boot after install

Hi,

Today I tried installing debian 4.0rc2 in an LPAR on an systemP with
power5 cpus.
During installation, the terminal (HMC console) looks garbled:
http://vanheusden.com/images/debianpowerairlparinstallgarbled.png
After installation the lpar would not boot up; the installer had not set
a primary boot device. So I went into the sms-menu, set the primary boot
device to the harddisk I installed debian on and gave it a go. Did not
work, please see the screendump:
http://vanheusden.com/images/bootfailureaftersettingbootdeviceinsms.png
Not sure if it matters but I gave it 0.5/1/2GB ram (min, desired, max)
and 0.1/1/2 CPUs. The system is a powerpc. The Debian lpar gets it
(virtual) harddisk from a single vios (backed by a logical volume of
16GB) and "connects" to a virtual lan to get to the outside.
I also installed an rhel4 lpar on that system which runs fine (altough I
also had to explicitly set the bootdevice in the sms menu).

Folkert van Heusden

please CC as I'm not entirely sure that I'm subscribed to this list.
--
MultiTail cok yonlu kullanimli bir program, loglari okumak, verilen
kommandolari yerine getirebilen. Filter, renk verme, merge, 'diff-