Re: Problem with 2.6.24 and appletouch driver

On 06/02/2008, Francesco Pedrini wrote:
> I've the last revision of ibook (mid 2005) is detected as follows:
> motherboard     : PowerBook6,7 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
> detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)

Same here.

> > with my self-build 2.6.24, sleep and resume works with the
> > touchpad.
>
> i will try to build a 2.6.24 asap.

Long story: I've been having that from time to time, with the cursor
being fozen after a resume 50% of the time (approximately). ISTR the
first occurrences were with 2.6.21 (stock), and since I was lagging
behind (I don't enjoy upgrading kernels for the sake of it), I didn't
report it at that time — it might have been fixed in the meanwhile.
I've had that lately with 2.6.24 (stock too).

Sometimes, it's sufficient to modprobe -r/modprobe appletouch to get
it back, but without some features, like finger-tap-emulates-click.
Restarting X helped. But after the last resume (with 2.6.24), I seem
to be unable to do anything but reboot to get it back.

Executive summary: 2.6.24 still has this bug.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois