Re: icedove 2.0.0.9-3 seriously broken

Bin Zhang wrote:
On Jan 25, 2008 4:14 PM, Jeff Green <jeff@kikisoso.org> wrote:
Hi All,

Just wanted to warn anyone with a testing install to beware of the
current (2.0.0.9-3) icedove. It is broken (bug 461981) and an

It's a known bug:
(and http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=460172 )

immediate downgrade to the previous version (1.5) didn't work.

You can install 2.0.0.9-1 from http://snapshot.debian.net/
or see my test in #460406

The fix in # 460406 works just fine though the build does take awhile. Thank you very much for taking the time to research this topic.

One further issue is that the version of enigma for lenny at this point in time does not work with 2.0.0.9-3. I'll file that bug if it has not been done already.

regards,
-jeff

Regards,
Bin

So I'm
doing a somewhat contorted dance to do email for awhile, at least
until it is fixed. I'm trying a local build of icedove, but fear that
that may be wishful thinking. (It is also one very large build,
requires more than 1GB of disk space...still don't know the upper
limit.)

-jeff