Re: FLOSS VOIP Client Software

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 02:03:04AM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> Hello fellow debian users,
>
> I am trying to look for a decent FLOSS VOIP software that allows me to communicate to Windows/Mac users. Skype is out of the question since it does not even support Debian PPC (which I have).
>
> I have heard of Ekiga. How is that? Does that work with Windows/Mac users using Skype clients?

Understand that Skype intentionally seeks to not be communicationable
from other VOIP clients. That's their strategy for increasing their
market share.

For me, that's enough for rejecting Skype altogether. Go SIP instead.
By using open standards, you don't impose any specific software on
your communication partners.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?