Re: Debian has failed us

Op 11-01-2007 om 13:24 schreef Mathew Binkley:
> Frans Pop wrote:
>
> Since the bug report hasn't changed since my initial bug report, you may
> try that.  Those blades are now running RHEL 5.  Debian lost its
> opportunity.

Mathew Binkley filed bugreport #391451 on friday october 6th 2006.
On monday october 9th, it was cloned into #391861.
Both bugs where closed saturday october 21st 2006.

So there were changes since the initial bug report.

Details are available at http://bugs.debian.org/391861

> > Note: if you are really interested in solving this issue, I suggest we
> > discontinue this useless thread and stop bothering a lot of people who
> > can't help you anyway
>
> I am not interested in solving this "issue".  As I said previously,
> we're not considering Debian any more.  It's a dead issue.
>
> What I am interested in, as a long-time Debian user, is solving the
> greater issue of real-world Debian problems not being solved because
> some developers have raging egos and can't get along.

A more constructive way of solving "the greater issue",
could have be done by asking in november a question like

  Bug #391451, about a kernel module, is reported as fixed.
  What is needed to get in the Debian installer?

> Thus I am including the people who have a chance to change that.  Debian
> may never die as a distribution, but it's heading down the road towards
> losing it's relevance because of issues like this, and that's sad.

This E-mail is a reply-to-all, so we get all the karma points we deserve.

> Mat

Cheers
Geert Stappers