Re: Debian has failed us

On Thursday 11 January 2007 19:29, Mathew Binkley wrote:
> I did, by downloading the latest Debian Etch testing iso (which was
> regenerated on January 8, three days ago) and it failed at exactly the
> same place, with exactly the same error.

And we are supposed to guess that by telepathic means or something?

Please file a new installation report [1] including (gzipped!) the
following files you get when you run the "Save debug logs" option from
the installer's main menu (after the partitioning failure):
hardware-summary
status
syslog

Cheers,
FJP

Note: if you are really interested in solving this issue, I suggest we
discontinue this useless thread and stop bothering a lot of people who
can't help you anyway, and instead concentrate on that installation
report from now on.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug