Re: How to speed up your Mac.

On 1 Dec 2007 13:47:59 GMT, Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:40:10 +0100, stuart wrote:
>
> > What do you think guys?
>
> With such a slow CPU I'd get rid of both Gnome and KDE and focus on
> lighter WM such as XFCE, E17 and Fluxbox.
>
> This won't make Firefox or Openoffice any faster, but you can always
> replace them with Kazehakase (funny name, excellent and lightweight
> browser) and Abiword.

Hmm, I have been looking for something like this myself for my iBook
G4 (1.2GHz 256MB RAM). How about the wireless? Is there any command
line version for NetworkManger? In Gnome, KDE we have either nm-applet
or network-manager-kde.... I have been playing around with iwconfig
and iwlist but didn't meet with any success.

In my case, I HAVE to use one KDE app (for which I do some occasional
development too), so I'll need to keep the KDE libs and programs and
run it once a while, but I need not run kdesktop. I can happily run
icewm if I can get a command line approach for the wireless network
that would be good.

--
Regards
PK