Re: Where to put tip to fix very jerky mouse on iBook G3?

Hi Jarrod,
I had the same jerky USB-mouse on my Dual-USB-ibook 500 MHz with lenny. But
your solution helped a lot.

> Also, does anyone happen to know how I can make my fix
> (ie. disable the frequency scaling) permanent across
> boot ups?

Going along your line of thought I did

#cp /usr/share/doc/cpufrequtils/example/cpufrequtils.sample /etc/default/cpufrequtils

Then modify the script to my values. e.g. i had to change to 499999
instead of the expected 50000 and use userspace instead ondemand. Reboot and
enjoy!

$> cpufreq-info
now shows constant 500 MHz.

btw.
on boot-time I still get these messages:
Aug 31 01:57:50 bog3 powersaved: CPU frequency scaling is not supported by
your processor.
Aug 31 01:57:50 bog3 powersaved: enter 'CPUFREQD_MODULE=off'
in /etc/powersave/cpufreq to avoid this warning.
Aug 31 01:57:51 bog3 powersaved: Starting powersaved with APM support
Aug 31 01:57:51 bog3 kernel: ondemand governor failed to load due to too
long transition latency

... and still have trouble with sound; maybee both problems have something
to do with the latency of the kernel(?)

Norbert