debian on ibm p655

Hello there!

We are trying to install debian on an ibm p655(power4) over yaboot but
encountered the following problem:

first we set up a dhcpserver and a tftp server, the filename points to
the yaboot binary in the tftp root. over the openfirmware prompt we see
its getting the proper ip via dhcp, the gateway and stuff and the
yaboot file, then the error occurs and it says something about unknown
or corrupt filesystem. we thought it was because of a malformed device
string to the tftp server but after trying almost all combinations quit
trying.

Has anyone ever installed debian on a p655 and knows how to setup the
correct files? i used the files from:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc64/netboot/

I think those are the right ones, but i think something within the
configuration files is broken.

greetings

Fabian Richter
Hochschulrechenzentrum
TU Darmstadt
Petersenstr. 30
64287 Darmstadt

GPG Fingerprint: CB09 9E1B F97F DBFE 702E  7B46 71AA D7E7 B005 95DC