Re: S-ATA on RS/6000

Bastian Machek wrote:
has anyone ever tried to use a s-ata controller under debian ppc in an rs/6000? I'm thinking of buying a pci(-x) controller, to add cheap storage to my rs/6000. In addition it would be interesting if someone already managed to boot from such a s-ata controller. I've already had some troubles (kernel panic) when using a r8169 ethernet card under debian ppc, so I thought I ask first. ;)

OK. I tested it now with Dawicontrol DC-154 (sil3114), and it worked OK. Just if anyone was also interested. ;-)

Greetings, Bastian