Re: S-ATA on RS/6000

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 07:04:03AM +0200, Bastian Machek wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> has anyone ever tried to use a s-ata controller under debian ppc in an
> rs/6000? I'm thinking of buying a pci(-x) controller, to add cheap storage to
> my rs/6000. In addition it would be interesting if someone already managed to
> boot from such a s-ata controller.

Well, i have never tried that, but i have both the hardware (well a prep
rs6k, and various sata cards) to test it.

As for booting, i doubt it is possible, given that the sata cards around
don't have forth bios in them, at least not the cheapest you can find.

Maybe finding a card which is mac compatible will help there, not sure,
i will have to investigate and do some testing.

Friendly,

Sven Luther