Re: Recent posts to -powerpc

Hi,

Sven, I *really* appreciate the work you have been doing for
Debian -- others might not, and might be wrong in this particular
aspect --, and I've personally not had any problems working with you.
*But*, while I'm not really informed about the political aspects, I
think there is some final agreement to reach on this. This whole thing
about you complaining and some other people "treating you bad" can't go
on forever, especially on public mailing lists.

Sadly, I think there are few alternatives: either you can handle this,
not taking whichever comments too personally, or you can't. This is a
personal choice -- nobody can tell you how you have to feel. If the
first answer is the closer one, then please stop complaining, and
contribute, since this is what you seem to want. If the second answer
is closer to what you feel, then I'm sure there will be plenty other
people who'll be happy to benefit from your knowledge and skills.

The point being that you can't be a team member in a team who doesn't
want you to -- again, this might well reveal management issues, since
letting talented and helpful individuals develop such blatant
dissatisfaction is never really productive : I don't know the Debian
internals well enough to have an opinion on this.

So -- to all of those who are directly implied in this endless story : I
don't know why you feel that Sven is inadequate in whatever team he
belonged in, but consider the question wisely : I personally don't
know of many people who are able/willing to put the effort Sven did
into the PowerPC port. Sven : consider quiting Debian/forking/whatever,
but please stop complaining -- I think hardly anybody will accept you
as a leader with such an attitude.

Simon