Re: Recent posts to -powerpc

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 01:41:16PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Your recent series of posts to -powerpc[1] are a continuation of the
> style of interactions which lead to your being banned from the mailing
> lists and which made the decision to allow you to post to -powerpc
> again very difficult for listmaster@ to make.

The recent comments from people like Joerg, Sam and Michael Blank, which
where of extreme unsensibility and outright insult, are a continuation
of the style of interaction which made this mess escalate to the point
we see now. Not a single tentative of communication, but insulting and
denigrating comments, menaces, and punishement.

Furthermore, the recent decision of Bastian Blank, to expulse me from
the kernel team, was justified by no reason at all. The kernel team
expresses continuity of "problems", without being able to cite any of
those, and i am aware of no dispute opposing me to the kernel team at
all or any such event which could be considered as continutity of said
problems.

As such, i am again a victim of bad behaviour of key debian developers,
and the response i make, is well within the scope of the -powerpc list.

The kernel team has decided to expulse me, and the work i was currently
doing for the powerpc kernel, both on the PS3 front and on the efika
front. They have further used the efika patches as a reason for this
expulsion, while they refused any reasonable discussion, and once
investigated, the reason they gave, where unfunded and arbitrary. There
is currently a Tech-ctte bug open on this issue, and we will have to
wait for their result :

Efika and PS3 support is a demand being present on the d-i meeting,
mentioned by otavio and joey hess in recent times.

> E-mails which denigrate others and rehash issues which have little to
> no relationship to what -powerpc is doing vacates the trust that we
> (and others) have voiced against vocal opposition that you would be
> able to contribute positively to this list.

Ok, reality check here. This is bullshit. I was the pillar of the
debian-powerpc lists for almost 8 years, and i deny you the right to ban
me from this list, especially given the total lack of support from
debian for the powerpc port since the witch-hunt against me started over
a year and a half ago, even though i made considerable effort to
encourage a replacement, and help both Colin and Wouter as best i could.

I remain to this days, the debian powerpc port leader, and i have a
responsability to my users, even if the rest of debian doesn't care
about the social contract, and if debian is ready to kill the powerpc
port in order to get at me.

I have been trying to push for a mediation and an effort at conciliation
since around may now, and have been getting only haughty and insulting
response from debian, from a small vocal minority who claims to speak
for debian even though they have the support of at best 5% of the
developership, and make insulting claims of those being the "Developers
that count", which is an insult to every other DD out there who
contributes in his due time, and wants nothing else than that we settle
this mess in human and decent way and that we all can get back to work.

> If this sort of issue continues, the alternative is once again making
> the ban complete, and requiring that you send messages to -powerpc
> through another individual who agrees that your message is a positive
> contribution.

Indeed, but this kind of behaviour is acceptable against me from
everyone else, right ? I didn't see you guys commenting on all those who
insulted me all over the lists while i was banned, or making any single
comment on irc. Furthermore, just look at what happened on the DM
discussions on debian-vote, and you will see that what you reproach to
me is commonplace in debian.

So, sorry, listmasters, but the day that debian decides to accept a
mediation, and work toward a conciliation, you will have something to
say, but until then you have no right to extend such threath and
humiliation. It is not me who is responsible of what happens, but those
select few in debian who make everything possible to make my debian
contribution pure hell, and who always resort to insults and
humiliation, and calumny, but once faced with actual facts, go away with
EOD.

Fellow debian-powerpc readers, i am sorry that this is not yet solved,
but the debian leadership has no intention of letting this issue rest,
and i guess the only way to get this issue solved is by a public outcry
at these fascist methods of censorship and menace, anbd clamour for a
normalization of relationship, so that we can finally, after over a year
and a half, let this issue behind us, and all go back to happily coding
for the best of the debian distribution we love and are proud of.

Sad that this continues to this day, and that all those debian
developers who say "they are the only ones that count" cannot understand
nothing but menaces and censorship, and have no compassion or human
decency.

Sadly,

Sven Luther