Re: PReP booting

Greg Trigg wrote:

Sven Luther wrote:
Indeed, its a chrp powerpc64, and the -powerpc64 kernels should work on
them, as well as the powerpc64 installer flavour.

I guess the kernel had a problem in etch on this hardware, did you try
it out ? Did you file a bug report ?
When I left home to go to work today, I was compiling a kernel, that hopefully has only a few minor adjustments to it.  I removed a few things that were Mac specific, but included the driver sym53c8xx in the kernel instead of being a module.  Hopefully it has compiled with no errors and I can make a vmlinuz out of it that will boot all the way up.  If this works, then I'll file a bug report.
Well, the kernel did compile, but it still did not boot.  I'm going to try a few more settings in the kernel configuration and if I still can't get a successful boot up, I'll file a bug report.

Greg