Taking care of the powerpc port (was: Re: PowerBook G4 screen

in Debian not as bright as Mac OS X or OpenBSD)

Hi, Matthias.

On Aug 14 2007, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> The driver is printed right below the current brightness level. I use
> powerprefs 0.8.0 and pbbuttonsd 0.8.1. Debian is a little bit behind
> because unfortunately the package is currently marked as orphaned.

It's been a long time since I last subscribed to debian-powerpc. Since I
have an iBook I think that I can work together with you on this.

I am interested in getting support for my iBook and Apple's new
operating system won't be supported anymore for computers with a G3
processor (I have two of these here and at least one of them I would
like to have as a buildd for Debian).

In other words, I would really like to "get back" to PowerPC and use
Linux on my computer and give the love that is needed to the PowerPC
port so that it can be qualified for future releases (as one of the
requirements is to have enough developers interested in getting the port
working).

Not only Debian, but I also want to have Ubuntu working well with it,
since pbbuttonsd is installed by default on Ubuntu (at least it was on
yesterday's daily-built image).

Regards, Rogério Brito.

P.S.: I am in the new maintainer queue.