Re: function key usage switched

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 the mental interface of
Bin Zhang told:

> On 6/16/07, Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> wrote:
[...]
>> I see it has already been solved in the thread, but just wanted to chime
>> in that the problem is that the module parameter moved to a new module,
>> hence some tools are now unable to change it because they expect it in
>> the "usb_hid" and not in the "hid" module.
>>
>> As for KBDMode = fkeysfirst that means that F1 is a real F1 and fn-F1 is
>> brightness down, however, as I said above maybe pbbuttonsd is no longer
>> able to control it now that the parameter changed to a new module.
>>

> You are right.
> In pbbuttonsd-0.7.9's src/module_pmac,
> #define PATH_FNMODE             "/sys/module/usbhid/parameters/pb_fnmode"
>
> It should be /sys/module/hid/parameters/pb_fnmode for 2.6.21.

File a bug against pbbuttonsd then.

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,20)
#define PATH_FNMODE "/sys/module/hid/parameters/pb_fnmode"
#else
#define PATH_FNMODE "/sys/module/usbhid/parameters/pb_fnmode"

Elimar

--
  Excellent day for drinking heavily.
  Spike the office water cooler;-)