Re: [iBook 300Mhz] ybin: undocumented error ?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:55:20PM +0200, Ennio-Sr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [still quarrelling with my old iBook which seems to refuse an 80GB hd]
> One thing I had not noticed before: when I 'run ybin -v' I get:
>
> / ybin: Finding OpenFirmware device path to `/dev/hda9'... /
> / Cannot create temp file, aborting. /
> / ybin: An error occured while building first stage loader.  aborting... /
>
> I was unable to find anything about what does that mean. Can anyone
> throw some light on this issue?
 Ybin is a shell script, so you can read it to see why this message
occurs.  Looks as if 'mktemp' didn't manage to create a temporary
file, maybe at the part labelled '## yaboot.conf autogeneration.'.

 I'm unclear why mktemp would fail - you could try running the
command in the script from the command line to see what error
messages you get (/tmp partition full, perhaps, or even a missing
mktemp).

> PS: Please  'Cc' me as I'm not receiving any message from the list and when
> I reply through gmane I don't see my replies either! [But I can only
> accept plain-text messages!!!]
 OK.

ĸen