[iBook 300Mhz] ybin: undocumented error ?

Hi all,

[still quarrelling with my old iBook which seems to refuse an 80GB hd]
One thing I had not noticed before: when I 'run ybin -v' I get:

/ ybin: Finding OpenFirmware device path to `/dev/hda9'... /
/ Cannot create temp file, aborting. /
/ ybin: An error occured while building first stage loader.  aborting... /

I was unable to find anything about what does that mean. Can anyone
throw some light on this issue?
May be it has got something to do with my iBook refusing to boot into
Mac OS 9? (see bug #422836) [But, when I ran the command on previous
occasions, although I didn't use the '-v' option, I got no error!?]

Thanks for your attention,
	Ennio

PS: Please  'Cc' me as I'm not receiving any message from the list and when
I reply through gmane I don't see my replies either! [But I can only
accept plain-text messages!!!]

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)