Re: Latest possible dual boot installation on iBook 300Mhz

2007/6/9, Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it>:
Hi all.

as the install-de_install processes are time cosuming could any of you
please tell me which is the latest Debian-powerpc version that can be
installed on an iBook without distroying Mac OS 9?

Hi,

I'm not sure this well help you, but ...

Did you try what I explain at the end of Debian bug number 422836 ?
Look at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=422836

Here's the "trick" I found:
The only way I know to fix this is:
Boot on a bootable System 7.x or MacOS 8.x floppy
Double-click "Apple HD SC Setup 7.3.5"
Choose "Update"
Reboot the machine
... but maybe will this only work on an OldWorld machine. Your machine is NewWorld....

Mvg,
--
Pierre Bauduin
Linux enthusiast since 1996