Re: 20 EUR reward (PayPal) to the person who can get my external VGA to work properly

Le mardi 5 juin 2007, Pierre Bauduin a écrit :
> Thanks for your quick answer.
>
> I tried replacing VGA with CRT.
> Result: no difference, grey screen on the external VGA output
>
> I tried commenting out that option.
> Result: I still have a light grey screen, but now I see two dark grey
> vertical bars on the external VGA output. (Entre gris clair et gris foncé)
>
> My attempt: I thought: "Maybe is the frequency too high for this monitor".
> So I changed
> Option          "CRT2VRefresh"          "56 - 75"
> into
> Option          "CRT2VRefresh"          "56 - 60"
> Result: Still a light grey screen with two dark grey vertical bars.
>
> Thanks anyway though,
> Pierre
>
> 2007/6/5, Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org>:
> > On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 10:42 +0200, Pierre Bauduin wrote:
> > >     79        Option         "MonitorLayout"     "LVDS,VGA"
> >
> > This should be "LVDS,CRT". If that (or commenting out the option
> > altogether) doesn't help, we'll need to see the full log file.
> >

> > --
> > Earthling Michel Dänzer           |          http://tungstengraphics.com
> > Libre software enthusiast         |          Debian, X and DRI developer
Hi,
I have found this wiki page very informative for me.

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/ReleaseNotes

I have an iBook G4 and the dual screen was no more working.
And now it is working.
Anyway thanks to the writer of the page.
--
GALLIEN Matthieu