Re: Re(2): [SOLVED] bcm43xx issues an error message every minute

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 11:00:01PM +0200, Georg Heinrich wrote:

> Unfortunately I could not get the fwcutter with apt-get. I needed to download
>     bcm43xx-fwcutter_006-1_powerpc.deb
> instead/

Since it is only useful with the non-free Broadcomm firmware the package
is in the contrib archive rather than the main Debian archive.  By
default apt is not configured to use anything except the main archive -
if you add the contrib section to /etc/apt/sources.list then you can
install the package using apt.  It may be an idea to do this in order
to help with any firmware upgrades that may be required in future.