Re(2): [SOLVED] bcm43xx issues an error message every minute

Andrew J. Barr (andrew.james.barr@gmail.com) wrote on Sat, 26 May 2007
14:57:21 -0400:

>On Sat, 26 May 2007 17:42:54 +0200
>"Georg Heinrich" <georg.heinrich@gh-blue.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I get the following error messages about every minute on the console:
>>
>>     bcm43xx: PHY connected
>>     bcm43xx: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode5.fw" not available or load
>> failed bcm43xx: core_up for active 802.11 core failed (-2)
>>
>> The HW is:
>>     Apple PowerBook G4 12" (PowerBook 6,8) 1,5 GHz
>>     Airport Extreme, Firmware version 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)
>>
>> What do I have to do to solve the error?
>
>1) Connect to the Internet (via Ethernet or Bluetooth or whatever).
>2) Install the bcm43xx-fwcutter pacakge.
>
>Alternately, read the bcm43xx-fwcutter package documentation for
>information on how to install the firmware off line.

Thanks for the hint. That did it.
Unfortunately I could not get the fwcutter with apt-get. I needed to download
    bcm43xx-fwcutter_006-1_powerpc.deb
instead/
Thanks again,

    G. Heinrich