Re: Different Apple machines, different USB behavior [ was: Re:

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 08:00:04PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> Sure, apple used to over-power the USB connectors on the older ibooks
> and powerbooks, which is why it works. I don't know why they stopped
> doing this later on, but apparently they did.

Probably when they stopped making USB devices that drew more power than
permitted by the specification.  For example, the speakers for the Cube
drew about 1000% of what the standard said they should and came with
dire warnings that you should avoid connecting them to anything else.